Chocolate Ice Cream
A healthier, lactose-free chocolate ice cream! It is super easy to make and way more delicious than store bought.
- Ice cream machine
- 470 ml oat milk
- 470 ml coconut milk
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 100 g agave syrup
- 5 ml liquid sweetener
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g dark chocolate (70 g melted, 30 g chopped in small pieces)
- In a saucepan, whisk together the coconut cream, milk, agave syrup, cocoa powder, egg yolks, and salt.
- Over medium heat, warm the custard while whisking constantly, just until it begins to steam and is barely bubbling around the edges. Don't let it come to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla, liquid sweetener and the melted chocolate until smooth.
- Pour the custard through a mesh strainer to remove any bits of cooked egg. Cover the bowl of custard, with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until well chilled, preferably overnight.
- Pour the chilled custard into your @Kitchenaid_nl ice cream maker and churn until it has a soft-serve consistency. During the last minute of churning, add the chopped pieces of dark chocolate.
- Scrape the ice cream into a lidded container and freeze until firm, at least 8-10 hours.
Vegan: not possible Seasoning: does not apply
Have you tried this recipe?Share in on Instagram and tag @thestdntchef!