Healthy Pepernoten (Gingerbread Cookies)
In The Netherlands we have this holiday called Sinterklaas, which is kinda like Santa Claus, but better! This is one of the typical snacks, which is eating during this holiday!
- 100 g margarine
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 100 g oat flour
- 8 tsp biscuit and gingerbread spices
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50 g coconut sugar
- 7.5 g stevia
- 80 ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 170 degrees. Stir the self-raising flour, oat flour, stevia, coconut sugar, gingerbread spices, cinnamon, baking powder and a pinch of salt together in a bowl.
- Add the cold margarine, vanilla extract, and milk and knead into a firm ball. Do not knead too long, because the dough should not get too hot.
- Line a baking tray with a piece of baking paper. Turn the dough into small balls (around 1 cm) and place them on the baking tray. Flatten them slightly.
- Put the gingerbread cookies in the oven for about 30 minutes. When they come out of the oven they will still feel a bit soft but when they have cooled down they will become crispy.
Vegan: use vegan margarine and plant-based milk. Seasoning: does not apply.
Calories: 279kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 4.8gFat: 10.7gSaturated Fat: 2.2gFiber: 1.1gSugar: 2.1g
Have you tried this recipe?Share in on Instagram and tag @thestdntchef!