The classic pasta carbonara recipe with a healthy twist.There is no cream in it, less fat and more veggies!
- Frying pan
- Cooking pan
- 100 g turkey bacon strips
- 50 g parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 150 g spaghetti
- 1 clove garlic
- 25 g margarine (or unsalted butter)
- 250 g mushrooms
- Cook the pasta until al dente.
- Beat the eggs and season with black pepper.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, fry the pancetta with the garlic.
- Drop the butter into a large frying pan and, tip in the pancetta and garlic as soon as the butter has melted. Cook until the pancetta is golden and crisp.
- Add in the mushrooms or fry them in a different pan, as the mushrooms can add more moist. It depends on how lazy you are.
- When the pasta is ready, lift it from the water with a pasta fork or tongs and put it in the frying pan with the pancetta. Don’t worry if a little water drops in the pan as well (you want this to happen) and don’t throw the pasta water away yet.
- Mix most of the cheese in with the eggs, keeping a small handful back for sprinkling over later.
- Take the pan of spaghetti and turkey bacon off the heat. Now quickly pour in the eggs and cheese. Using the tongs or a long fork, lift up the spaghetti so it mixes easily with the egg mixture, which thickens but doesn’t scramble, and everything is coated.
- Add extra pasta cooking water to keep it saucy (several tablespoons should do it). You don’t want it wet, just moist. Season with a little salt, if needed.
- Serve immediately with a little sprinkling of the remaining cheese and a grating of black pepper.
Vegan: not possible. Seasoning: Salt, pepper and parsley.
Calories: 538kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 34.2gFat: 23.9gSaturated Fat: 7.4gFiber: 1.3gSugar: 2.5g
Have you tried this recipe?Share in on Instagram and tag @thestdntchef!