Pesto Baked Sweet Potato
An easy and very delicious oven recipe! A combination of pesto, sweet potato and eggs makes this recipe super tasty!
- 300 g chicken thigh
- 300 g sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped into small cube)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 60 g cherry tomatoes
- 100 g spinach (chopped)
- 1 handful basil (chopped)
- 1 tbsp low-fat creme fraiche
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp pesto
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 20 g Grated parmesan to top the dish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Add your sweet potato chunks to a small baking dish, add tsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake your sweet potato in the oven for 20-25 mins.
- Meanwhile, fry your chicken and add the cherry tomatoes.
- Fry your cherry tomatoes for 3-4 mins before adding your spinach and basil. Stir that all together until the spinach wilts.
- Mash the cherry tomatoes to release their juices. Add your pesto and stir that in.
- Add in your baked sweet potatoes and low-fat creme fraiche and stir until completely mixed.
- Transfer the contents of your pan into the same baking dish you baked the sweet potatoes in, flatten it and create three wells for your eggs.
- Add your eggs and top with chilli flakes and a little grated parmesan (optional).
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 mins, make sure your eggs don’t get overcooked, we want them runny!
Serving: 200gCalories: 145kcalProtein: 25gFat: 40gSaturated Fat: 55gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 5mgSugar: 5gVitamin A: 2IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 10mgIron: 14mg
Have you tried this recipe?Share in on Instagram and tag @thestdntchef!